Bitzer's Dog Blog #2

About a year ago, my family and I adopted a six month old Silver Labrador from a dog breeder just outside of Kimmundy. We decided to name him Bitzer and less than an hour later I had already fallen in love with him. He is my favorite thing in the world and has been since the day we took him in. He is funny, playful, expressive, loving, and wants nothing more than a nice frozen orange yogurt and blueberry treat alongside a thorough scratching on the bum. As shown in the picture below, he doesn’t show any resemblance in color to a Silver Labrador, but he has two nice and soft floppy ears, a funny brown nose, light blue eyes, a number of whiskers scattered around and under his nose and chin, and he is easily the cutest thing I’ve ever seen.

One of my favorite things about Bitzer is his ability to unintentionally entertain. If he’s chewing a toy on the couch, he’ll often accidentally drop the toy off the couch if his chewing slows down. This happens very often and the fact that he still hasn’t figured out why he keeps dropping the toy is hilarious to me. Every time he drops it he’ll give me a confused look, and then put on his unspeakably cute and amusing begging face and plop his head in the direction of the toy, signaling it's time for me to get up for the tenth time in the past five minutes and pick it up for him. It gets to the point where I have to put down whatever I’m working on, let him lay his head on my lap, and let him chew his toy there so I can prevent it from falling out of his jaws and onto the floor. Thankfully, it usually only takes a few minutes for him to completely fall asleep on my lap. Nonetheless, I still find the situation quite funny albeit confusing.

One thing Bitzer has always loved is “swimming” in the pool with me. I put swimming in quotes because unless you count having to push up his big old rear every few seconds while he awkwardly doggy paddles with his front legs as swimming, I’d say he’s still got a ways to go. Oftentimes, he won’t even paddle his front legs and just wiggles his way over to you so he can rest his back legs on yours while you squat awkwardly and lay his head on your shoulder while you pat and scratch his back like an oversized hairy quadrupedal baby. Occasionally, he won’t even climb down the stairs leading into the pool to reach you. Instead, he’ll just cannonball in from the surrounding decking and flop his way over to you for a nice rest in the pool. I think he likely got this habit from my brother, who he would watch in awe as he jumped in the pool. The pool is now one of Bitzer’s favorite places to play and rest and I love it.

Bitzer isn’t a very fussy dog and there are very few things that cause him to get upset. One of those exceptions is when he is occasionally forced to stay in my room for an hour or two while everyone else has left and I need to get work done while I watch him. For the first while, he persistently whines and begs me to let him out as I do my best not to give in to those adorable puppy eyes. However, it doesn’t usually take him much longer than fifteen minutes to settle in and get comfortable again. I find this habit of his somewhat amusing as he almost always follows this exact pattern every single time he has to be in my room and he somehow still hasn’t realized that my room is just like any other. I'm starting to wonder if there’s a ghost in there who’s only visible to dogs.


Comments

  1. This is a wonderfully written blog post! I like how much detail you go into when describing the different moments you experience with Bitzer. Your dog seems really playful and funny, and I'm glad you included pictures to reinforce the descriptions of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog post. I really loved getting to know your dog more, and he has one of the cutest puppy photos I have ever seen. I liked how you implemented all these little stories and habits of your dog to really allow us to get familiar with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bitzer is absolutely adorable!! I love how you've described his many different characteristics. He seems like such a goofy & wholesome dog. I feel like I know so much about him just from reading all of stories you'd given us in this post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fears and Phobias Blog #1 Cameron McGill

Befriending a Psychopath: Blog#5

My Parents Decided There Weren't Enough Scottish Names Out There So They Gave Me Three of Them Blog #4